A first-night box or bag, sometimes called an essential box, is commonly overlooked due to all the preparing and demanding work that goes into an effective move. However, planning ahead can ensure you’re not separated from your most needed items right after the Redwood City moving company is finished and you’re officially moved into your new home.
Only the Absolute Essentials:
Consider packing the following items in a specially marked bag or box you can carry yourself to your new residence:
- Prescription or over-the-counter medications you take regularly
- Glasses and/or contact lenses as well as cases and cleaning essentials
- Phones, laptops, and tablets and charging cords
- A small number of dishes and utensils, if applicable
- Two-three days’ worth of clothing
- Set of bed sheets and pillows
- Pet food and dishes, bedding, or medications, if applicable. Having these items can also help your pet adjust to the new home.
- Basic cleaning materials to handle potential messes
In addition to the above items, consider any unique items you may need. Will you need work clothing, iron and iron board, or any important documents immediately after your Redwood City moving is finished transporting your belongings?
Planning what you’ll need for the days following a move can save not only time but frustration as well.