Statistics of the Better Business Bureau, or BBB says that around 37 million-plus Americans move every year. Some of them prefer to move themselves while some others require a moving company to help them make a smooth move. Moving ourselves must be an option, when you have enough resources to DIY such as time, packaging containers, ways to pack things safely.
Most of the folks don’t have enough time to do things themselves due to less time or other reasons. Then, they go for hiring a moving company. Moving is a stressful and might be expensive job to do. Hence, many of us prefer to DIY.
Hiring the right Redwood city moving company can be stressful as you have to trust them completely and give the responsibility of your belongings to move to the desired location. In the move, it may happen that some of your valuables break or get damaged because of improper handling or by mistake.
Here we elaborate the tips to hire the right moving company for you:
1. References: Today the most powerful source of references is the “Internet”. Go for searching local moving companies near your area. Also, step out and get references from your friends or neighbours or family members, then make a final list of those you think are good from the customer reviews online and word of mouth feedback.
2. Verify: Now next try getting detailed information regarding the movers such as if they are verified, licensed and insured from the U.S. Department of Transportation and if they are BBB accredit. You can also refer Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, as they give a U.S DOT number to licensed movers. Check https://www.protectyourmove.gov/ if you are not getting the information from above two sources. Also, check for a verified physical location of them. It will be helpful if they do some scam with you or your valuables.
3. Compare: After getting the information about the licensing, move forward to get the estimates from the shortlisted moving companies. Don’t just take estimate from a single company, try taking from at least three of them and then compare the prices.
4. Red Flags: This point is quite important. Make sure that the movers you are talking to, are going to do the job themselves. No third party is allotted the job or no bad brokers or sub contractor are involved. They should not demand upfront payments. Good movers do not demand such cash in advance. Movers must provide you with a guide of all the rules and regulation for the move. Also, know about what are the mover’s policy if something is broken or damaged during the move.
5. Professional Accredition: American Moving and Storage Association provide a logo to indicate that they are approved from the association. Also, you can check with http://www.moving.org/ for approved companies.
All the above tips will be helpful in case you got right redwood city movers companies.